Events

APRIL 10th Saturday night Kickoff
5-8

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Letters will get you everywhere

Kids love to get mail! I know teenagers who get excited opening envelopes addressed "occupant." Most kids are impressed when they get a personal letter- especially from you! Personal letter make kids feel special, knowing you spent time, energy, and money to send them a letter. They will remember. Often they will save the letter and post it on their bulletin board.

Your letter doesn't' have to be a typed, single spaced novel. A small piece of stationary with a dozen words is sufficient. For example, "I missed you at youth group. I hope you know I care about you. I can't wait to see you on Sunday." Or, "I drove by your junior high the other day and thought of you. I wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you." Or, "It was fun to go to your baseball game. You're great. Give me the schedule for the rest of the season. I would love to go to another game. See you Sunday!"

There is great power behind the few minutes it takes to acknowledge a student in writing. Write a quick letter before today is over, it will be worth your time


-From Doug Field's 'Help I'm a volunteer youth worker!"

No comments: